The vibes of spring have arrived, marked by the Ostara, or the spring equinox. It has been long believed to symbolize new possibilities, rebirth, and balance.
During this time, darkness and light are equal, and we get the joyful opportunity to re-emerge afresh after winter.
However, our world is presently experiencing confusion, chaos, and war. Nevertheless, nature gives us this hope for new starts and renewals. The time has arrived for energizing our dreams, hopes, and aspirations.
These 6 rituals will be helpful in getting you started.
1. Make An Altar For Spring
Each season is a new chance to begin anew. So clean the old altar to make a new spring one, using the equinox. Some suggestions for your altar that you can use:
- Colors: Gold or green.
- Crystals: Chrysoprase, carnelian, green aventurine, amber, citrine.
- Flowers: Daffodils, Marigolds, Sunflowers.
- Herbs: Rose, Jasmine, Chamomile, Burdock root, Cinnamon, and St. John’s wort.
- Food: Any spring vegetable or fruits, lemons, oranges, and any type of seeds.
Paper money or coins for abundance.
A prayer to add peace.
2. Water Blessing
Find a quiet place and sit with a bowl and pitcher filled with water. Pour water 4 times into the bowl. Each pour should be imbued with these meanings:
- First, to show you appreciate your life.
- Second, to appreciate the work that our ancestors have done.
- Third, to appreciate the possibilities in the future,
- Fourth, to ask for life to have a balanced amount of sweetness and bitterness.
Bless this water slightly. Then fill a bottle with it, and take sips from it throughout the day. This way you can assimilate the blessings.
3. Make A Vow For Yourself
There is no one more important in your life than yourself. As such, treat yourself preciously and begin with vowing to yourself.
Take a sheet of paper, and jot down all the ways you vow to take care of yourself. Then, place it somewhere you can view it daily.
4. Make You List Of Wishes For The Universe
Put aside some time to jot down the things you want the most. Then, burn that list safely inside a bowl that is fireproof. After the ashes have become cold, place them inside a cup or paper towel.
Then, place it on the ground while intending to ground them within the plane of physicality. Offer a fruit and a flow as you pray to Mother Earth to thank her for listening to you.
Take a candle and light it. Place a hand on your belly and the other on your heart. Gently breathe in and eat 6 pomegranate seeds. Each of them can stand for something different:
- Self-esteem and self-nourishment.
- Honoring every cycle, acknowledging that all deaths are rebirths, and understanding the feminine life process.
- Creativity, desire, vitality, and passion.
- Compassion – the spirit’s gentleness that heals every wound and loves people and things as they exist.
- Transmutation and release so that we can achieve wholeness.
- Understanding and wisdom.
6. Make Care Packages For Spring
Take a bag and fill it with assorted nuts or one energy bar, some fruits, inspirational quotes, chocolate, and any other stuff you want. For example, you can add a dollar bill or some small crystals. It is your decision what you wish to share.
Then, make bags for as many people as you can, and then hand them to strangers. If you are giving them to strangers, then include socks, toothpaste, and a toothbrush. Someone’s well-being will be greatly improved by this small gift.