by Conscious Reminder
It happens to everybody. People just close their eyes to our good deeds. They just deny every sincere effort we make to help others.
Why does it happen? This wise story holds the answer.
Once upon a time a young girl, covered in tears, knocked at the door of an old sage and told him her story.
“I do not know how to continue with my life” … – with a trembling voice, she said. “My whole life, I have treated people the way I wanted them to treat me.
I was honest and sincere…I opened my heart for them, invited everybody in … Every time I could, I tried to do good to everybody, I didn’t expect anything in return, I helped with anything I could.
I really did everything for free, and in return, I was hurt and ridiculed. They all mocked me. They hurt me to the bone… offended me… I am simply tired … Please, tell me, what can I do?”
The sage listened patiently, and then give this advice to the girl:
– “Take your clothes off and get out in the street completely naked “- calmly said the old man.
– “Sorry, but I haven’t hit that bottom yet… You’re probably mad or joking! If I do that, I can expect anything from the passersby … Everyone is going to laugh at me, it’s going to be an ordeal …”
The wise man suddenly stood up, opened the door and put a mirror on the table.
– “You’re ashamed to go out naked, but for some reason, you are not ashamed to bare your soul in front of the world. You keep it open like these doors. You let everybody in. Your soul is a mirror, that’s why we are able to see our reflection in other people.
Their souls are evil and sinful, just like the ugly image they see when they look at your pure soul. They have neither the strength nor the courage to admit that you’re better than them and that they are the ones who should change. Unfortunately, this feature is only truly brave …”
– “What should I do? How can I change this situation that I am in, when nothing, in fact, depends on me?” – asked the beautiful girl.
– “Come with me, I have something to show you … Look, this is my garden. I have been watering and taking care of these wonderful flowers for years. To tell you the truth, I have never witnessed a single bud blossom. All I see are these amazing blooming flowers, and their captivating beauty and scent.”
“Dear child, learn from nature. Look at these beautiful flowers and do what they do – open your heart to the people carefully, so no one would even notice it. Open your soul to good people.
Get away from those who tear your petals, throw them on the ground and step all over them. The weeds are not even to your knees, so don’t try to help them. All they are ever going to see in you are reflections.”
∼If you like our article, give Conscious Reminder a thumbs up, and help us spread LOVE & LIGHT!∼