Did you know that only about 15% of the human population is left handed? Science has to offer some interesting and unusual trivia about lefties, so if you are left-handed yourself or you know a leftie read these 13 facts.
1. They use the right side of the brain the most.
2. The chances of them to suffer from insomnia are bigger.
3. Twice as likely to be a man.
4. They usually reach puberty 4 to 5 months later than right handed children.
5. Left-handed people usually go for creative carriers.
6. There was a study showing that left-handed people lived 9 years less than righties, but it was later disproved.
7. Some of the illnesses they are more likely to suffer are stuttering, dyslexia, and migraines.
8. They are better in languages.
9. Lefties are smarties. A large part of the highly intelligent people are left-handed. In fact 20% of MENSA members claim to be lefties.
10. Left-handed people can see better underwater.
11. Left-handed people’s bodies are more balanced. It makes them good fighters.
12. 22% of twins are left handed.
13. They celebrate their own day, August 13th.