Albert Einstein is probably one of the greatest minds that ever walked the Earth.
Born in 1879 in a German Jewish family, Einstein was a curious child, with emphasized passion for inquiry, which eventually resulted in him coming up with the general and special theories of relativity.
His life research was crowned with a Nobel Prize for physics in 1921.
His true potential got to shine after he moved to the States in 1933, where he got a position at the Institute for Advanced Study at Princeton.
He worked on the much controversial Manhattan Project, and even though he wasn’t directly involved in the creation of the first Atomic Bomb, he was credited for developing the science around it.
However, being famous for his pacifist and socialist affiliations, after the first a-bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, Einstein became an important figure in the fight against the usage of nuclear weapon.
Here we present you a selection of 20 famous quotes by, maybe, the most influential scientist of all times. Enjoy!
1. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
2. “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.”
3. “The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.”
4. “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”
5. “I, at any rate, am convinced that He (God) does not throw dice.”
6. “The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
7. “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
8. “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.”
9. “Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.”
10. “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
11. “Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”
12. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”
13. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.”
14. “Falling in love is not at all the most stupid thing that people do— but gravitation cannot be held responsible for it.”