by Kelly Ashley
Contributing Author, Conscious Reminder
Hey you. If you’re here you’ve probably spent some time scouring the internet looking for lists of signs or symptoms of spiritual awakening. It’s probably not the first time you’ve searched for that either.
How do I know this? Because I was once in the same position – endlessly trawling the internet in the search for answers too. I didn’t really find them at the time and I secretly worried that I might have gone mad. Fear not, dear friend, you are absolutely not crazy (although some of your spiritual experiences might be). You’re going through a spiritual awakening. I’ve created a FREE 5-day course to help you gain control of your experience, but more on that later. Lets take a look at some of the signs and symptoms that can be experienced during the awakening:
- Physical sensitivity – sensitive to light, noise, certain foods
- Emotional sensitivity – extreme highs or extreme lows, wild or erratic mood swings, unexplained depression or sudden waves of emotion
- Energetic sensitivity – picking up on energies or feelings from people, places or things. Feeling overwhelmed by your own energy or others
- Unusual sensations – tingling, tickly feelings, buzzing or prickling, shivers or shaking
- Feeling drawn to metaphysics or spirituality – healing, religion, meditation, practices etc
- Ringing in the ears or feeling frequency changes
- Synchronicity – seeing number patterns, peculiar coincidences, meaningful signs or symbolism
- Lack of interest in negative vibrations or interests, loss of interest in old friendships, places or behaviors
- Knowing that something has changed within you or your life, even if you can’t explain what
- Becoming more introverted or sensitive, craving more time alone
- Aversion to superficial, fake or inauthentic people, places or things
- A deep yearning to find meaning in life, to help others, to fulfill a life purpose or soul mission
- Powerful aversion to traditional work, the system, or having to work for money
- Increased psychic or intuitive abilities – senses, visions, knowing, hearing or even seeing
- Changes in appetite and eating habits – you may find you are suddenly much hungrier, craving protein or unusual foods. Sudden aversion to drinking alcohol, eating meat, chemical laden food or unnatural substances, or less need to eat at all.
- Changing sleep patterns – unable to sleep, waking during the night feeling wired or overstimulated, sometimes more than once
- Sudden health complications, ailments or injuries – old issues held in your energetic blueprint are being released
- Vivid, meaningful dreams, or lucid dreaming
- Confusion in life or inability to make decisions
- Impatience – perhaps you know something is supposed to happen and you feel you literally can’t wait for it, or you feel a soul call or life purpose that needs to be fulfilled. A feeling of time running out
- Communications with spirit, Creator, guides or ascended masters, angels or even ET beings
- Awareness of soul mates, twin flames or soul counterparts
- Past life memories or current life issues rising to the surface to be released and healed
Experiencing something that’s not on the list? Bingo! That’s exactly how I felt when I searched too. It’s not good for us, and I actually questioned whether I should create a list at all because it encourages you to fit your experience into a pre-defined framework. That means, that if your experience doesn’t fit the list, you’ll begin to question yourself and everything you’ve been through. You might even secretly fret that you’ve gone mad (don’t worry, I did too).
I want you to know that each and every awakening experience is entirely different, unique and specific to the individual. You are an amalgamation of all your past lives, all of your parallel lives, all your heartaches and belief systems. Awakening is the process of UNDOING those exact things. Its the process of releasing everything that isn’t who you truly are so that you can identify the divinity beneath.
That unraveling isn’t the same for everyone – it can’t possibly be. You have a divine reason for being here – you had something special and unique to bring. Don’t stifle that by defining the way your awakening must go. Allow your soul to lead the way – don’t squeeze it through someone else’s framework – even mine. Your soul knows exactly what its doing, let it get on with it.
However, I know from first hand experience that that isn’t so easy. Awakening can be a crazy time and feel incredibly out of control. You need to find a way to flow through the awakening without it throwing you around like a rag doll (which it will do, if you let it). Fortunately for you, I’ve stumbled on pretty much every mistake you can make during awakening. It taught me a lot. I’ve already made the mistakes, so you don’t have to.
Kelly Ashley is an intuitive therapist assisting others with their spiritual awakening process after experiencing her own spiritual emergence. She has a passion for helping others manage the process in a stable, grounded, yet spiritual way. Get your FREE 5-day eCourse to help you stabilize your awakening, calm uncontrollable symptoms and ground your awakening here: http://www.spiritualawakeningsigns.com
∼If you like our article, give Conscious Reminder a thumbs up, and help us spread LOVE & LIGHT!∼