Have you ever suspected the presence of spirits in your home, workplace or when you are out and about?
Sensing Spirits is something that all of us can do as long as we are open. Often their presence is felt on more of an instinctual or intuitive level than a rational one, and even though we may not be able to explain what we feel in words, on a deeper level we understand that something else may be at play.
Spirit energy can linger in houses, in workspaces, in malls, in clothes and in furniture. Basically, if a spirit feels attached to a place, object or person, that is where they will dwell.
Encountering a Spirit may feel like –
- A sudden rush of wind or cool air that cannot be explained
- A heavy or strong pressure around your head, neck, chest or upper back
- An unexplained feeling of anxiety, nervousness or a rush of emotion
- A heaviness in the air which makes the space feel small or stuffy
- Hearing voices, whispers or distant chatter
- Someone is watching you
Learning how to detect the presence of Spirits can be helpful especially if you are buying or renting a new property, purchasing items for your house (especially second hand objects) or if you are struggling to hang around a certain space or even a certain person.
A space with Darker Spirits will feel cold, empty, lonely, sad, oppressive, heavy, stagnant, stuffy, smelly, thick or foggy and may make you feel angry.
A space with Light Spirits will feel airy, breezy, warm, peaceful, light, open and calming.
If you feel the presence of light spirits, they are most likely your loved ones who have crossed over or maybe even your angels or spirit guides.
If you feel the presence of darker spirits however, your space may be “haunted” and in need of a cleansing. To determine if this is the case you may also experience:
- Electrical disturbances that cannot be explained
- Seeing shadows out of the corner of your eye
- Strange dreams or nightmares
- Psychokinetic Activity (opening of doors or things moving around the room)
- Unexplained fear when in certain areas of your space
- Abnormal animal behaviour or reactions
- Feeling drained, mentally foggy or tired when in the space
Even though we are physical beings, we all have an energetic body which is connected to the Spirit world and sometimes we have to work on an energetic level in order to understand why we are feeling a certain way.
If you suspect your house or space has darker spirits, here are some tips to clear the energy:
- Clean the clutter and mess from every room in the house
- Smudge your space regularly
- Place crystals, charms or deities around the room
- Burn incense or diffuse essential oils
- Imagine your space filled and wrapped with white light
- Ask your angelic Spirit Team to help
- Practice positive thinking and keep your emotions positive
- Consult with a shaman, paranormal expert or energy healer
It is important to remember that darker Spirits are often just lost souls that still feel attached to something on the earthly plane. Often they like to create emotions of fear and anger as it gives them something to feed off.