by Bipin Baloni,
Contributing Author, Conscious Reminder
Yoga helps in healing the physical body, creates flexibility and strength to make your life easy. Yoga helps in uncovering areas that are deep within us and needs to be healed.
Certain yoga poses help in healing mentally and physically, which is a key to find our deepest desires, success, and positivity. Here are some yoga poses along with their health benefits:
Bhujangasana (cobra pose):
This pose helps you feel open, grounded, and strong. This pose gives you a voice to recognize your true feelings, builds confidence, and awakens your institutions so that you can work with full power towards your goals. This yoga pose helps you be more alert; helps in opening your chakras for seamless communication.
- Lie on your stomach, by placing your forehead on the ground.
- Keep your feet together while having your hips width apart.
- Keep your elbows close to your body.
- Try to maintain your shoulder blades down and back throughout the pose.
- By pressing your feet on the ground slightly stabilize your lower back and your feet actively pressed on the floor.
- Inhale and gradually life your shoulder and chest off the ground by putting all your weight on your hands.
- Exhale and come back to the ground. Try to repeat 2 or 3 times.
Ardhabaddhapadmapaschimottanasana (seated forward fold with bound half lotus):
This yoga pose needs patience and determination, which is a great combination to achieve your desires. This yoga pose can motivate you to get success by rejuvenating and energizing your body and mind. This is a remarkable yoga pose for improving circulation and keeping your mind calm.
- Sit and outstretch your legs.
- Put your right leg on your left thigh as high as possible.
- Press your heel completely into the abdomen.
- By bending forward, try to hold your right foot with your right arm from the back. After that, sit straight.
- Relax your whole body after that exhale and lean forward by holding your toes with your left hand.
- Rest your forehead on your straight knees.
- Hold this position as long as you can after that release this pose gradually.
Ardhmatsyendrasana (half lord of the fishes pose):
This yoga pose helps in opening the second chakra and can awaken Kundalini energy. This yoga pose is highly beneficial for digestion and promotes intimacy, emotion, and connection. You may do this pose at the honour of your teacher who had influenced your life directly or indirectly and invited to move forward.
- Sit straight with stretched out legs and a straight spine.
- Bend your right leg in such a way that your left heel lies next to your right hip.
- After that, take over your left knee and put your right sole next to your left knee.
- Twist the neck, shoulders, and waist towards the right side with an erect spine and gaze over shoulders.
- Try holding this pose for a few seconds after that gradually release. You can try this pose through the other side s well for effective results.
Virabhadrasana (warrior 3):
This pose helps you in reflecting that courage and focus can help you rise above and overcome from weakness. If you practice this pose regularly, it energizes and rejuvenates you ompletely. It also promotes conscious breathing, improves stamina and tonesyour legs, shoulder, back, ankles, and core.
- Stand in Tadasana with a little gap between your feet.
- Inhale and shift your weight on your left foot after that slightly stretched out your left foot by keeping your hands over your head in the prayer position.
- Align your back, hand, and legs in the straight line by moving your trunk forward.
- Try holding this pose as long as you can. After that release gradually and try performing through another leg.
Salambasirsasanapadmasana (supported headstand with lotus):
When you practice headstand, it helps you conquer your fear. By practicing consistently, you learn your abilities, your power, and start trusting yourself. It also helps to calm your mind and promotes a sense of steadiness. It ensures the speed up circulation in our body, which results in well oxygenated and sufficient blood through every organ and relief you from anxiety.
- Place a soft blanket on the floor so that it can work as a cushion.
- Lie down on the floor by placing your arms on the ground in front of you.
- Make sure your elbows are width apart from your shoulders.
- After that place your head on the ground and fit your crown in your palms.
- Take a deep breath and lift your knees off the ground by walking towards the elbows.
- Lift your feet off the ground by exhaling. Comes in the Padmasana.
- Make sure your legs are perpendicular to the ground. Try holding it as long as possible after that release this pose gradually.
About the Author: Bipin Baloni is a yoga teacher from India and his core specialization is in Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga. He organizes 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh. Bipin Baloni conducts Yoga Teacher Training in India in different cities. He loves writing and reading books related to yoga, Meditation, Ayurveda and Health.
∼If you like our article, give Conscious Reminder a thumbs up, and help us spread LOVE & LIGHT!∼