Eckhart Tolle, best-selling author of ‘The Power of Now’ and ‘A New Earth’ is regarded by millions as their greatest Law of Attraction influence.
Since his famous introduction to Oprah, Eckhart’s message and teachings have reached millions who are looking to live in the present, transform their lives and evolve to a higher consciousness.
Here are just 5 of some of his greatest quotes:
1. “For what you do to others, you do to yourself.”
This is a fantastic notion to live by. The way we treat others is always a precise reflection of how we are treating ourselves. This is why self-love is so important; the more love we have for ourselves the more we are able to share this love with others.
2. “Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally.”
Just being in the current moment can be daunting, especially when what you find in the here and now is not to your liking. However, as this quote reminds us, we are never powerless – everything in our lives is a choice.
3. “Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to “die before you die” — and find that there is no death.”
For Eckhart, the only ‘real’ death is never knowing who you really are – never understanding your true ‘being’. When you have a true sense of self, this can never die.
4. “Nothing ever happened in the past that can prevent you from being present now; and if the past cannot prevent you from being present now, what power does it have?”
The past is done, the future is never guaranteed – this quote is another soothing reminder that we ought to release the things we have no control over.
5. “I have lived with several Zen masters — all of them cats.”
What can I say…the man loves cats! However, if you’re already a fan of Eckhart you will know that in many of his lessons he will often cite animals, whom he believes to be the perfect example of living in the ‘now’.
When it comes to words of wisdom from the great Eckhart Tolle, these are just the tip of the iceberg. Do you have any favourites?
∼If you like our article, give Conscious Reminder a thumbs up, and help us spread LOVE & LIGHT!∼