The space you live in usually reflects the state of your mind. Many are beginning to start the minimalist lifestyle as less clutter around them means less clutter in their heads as well.
Follow these seven steps to figure out what things are actually of value to you and let go of the things that aren’t.
- Create a catalogue of all your things with different categories like clothing, books, bags, etc.
- Look at the categories that are the most cluttered.
- Dispose of all the things you don’t need from these categories.
- Then get rid of all the other things you don’t need that come under the other categories.
- Take some time to figure out if you will actually use all the things you have kept, then get rid of the rest.
- Arrange the remaining items in their proper places.
- Dispose of your unwanted things responsibly in the form of donations or by having a sale.
Now all you need to do is orient your mind to stay on the right path.
Always think about whether the things you’re buying have any real purpose. Keep only the essentials so that you have enough space to move freely.
2. Living economically
The previous decision should make your lifestyle more economical. This means you’ll be able to save up for things that matter.
3. Living more efficiently and effectively
You’ll save time as you’ll never have to spend time searching for things. This will prevent any unnecessary tension.
4. Minimizing storage
You won’t have to spend money on storage units and you’ll be free to move around in your own home as you wish.
5. Enhanced happiness
You’ll feel better in your own home because you’ll be around only what you really require and fewer things will get in your way.
6. House cleaning and/or spring cleaning made easy
You’ll have lot less cleaning up to do and you won’t have to shift too many items around.
7. Enhanced sense of freedom
You’ll have less things weighing you down and you’ll not be controlled by desire or greed. There’ll be more time to just be happy.
∼If you like our article, give Conscious Reminder a thumbs up, and help us spread LOVE & LIGHT!∼