It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.
Sometimes a moment comes when you realize that the life you are living doesn’t work for you anymore. Unfortunately, people are often frightened of any kind of change.
They simply do not have the courage to overcome what they don’t like, so they are practically forced to live with it. It makes problems and worries pile up, which, ultimately, destroy us.
But, you must be aware that you have every right to leave all this behind and let go of the past. So, let’s get rid of the burden!
Below is a list of 10 things you can and should leave behind and never look back!
1. You can end the relationship if you think that’s what you need
You can leave if you have been cheated on, if you are are not treated right, or if your partner isn’t a good match even when you know it will be hard to find a better one. You have the right to write your own love story – a passionate and unique one that satisfies you completely.
2. Forgive yourself for all your mistakes.
Your past shouldn’t define your future.
3. Find the strength to end your addiction to food, sex, narcotics, alcohol, technology, and everything else.
You may not be sure of your willpower, but you will succeed. You are much stronger than you think.
4. Stop hanging out with the “wrong” crowd.
Remove all the manipulators and everyone who has stopped being honest with you. Surround yourself with people who help you rediscover yourself, and won’t stab you in the back.
5. Get rid of all those traits that no longer describe or serve you.
6. Stop justifying your failed expectations.
Hmm, you didn’t get what you planned five years ago? You don’t want it anymore? Then why would you hold onto something you don’t need? You have the right to let it go and write a completely new
7. Quit your job if it doesn’t make you happy.
If you feel unhappy, unmotivated, or where you can’t use your potential and you are underestimated or unappreciated, please find the strength to walk away. You can find something better.
8. Leave the place that reminds you of bad emotions and unfortunate events.
Go somewhere you are loved and supported. You don’t have to be a prisoner of a place that brings out all the worst in you.
9. You can give up your old way of living if it doesn’t suit you anymore.
10. Leave in the past everything that you do not like about yourself.
You do not have to live forever with your shortcomings and flaws. Allow yourself to become better than you are now. If you do not like what you are, change it!
As Mo Willems, the American writer, animator, actor, and creator of children’s books said, “If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.” No one can deny you the right to!
∼If you like our article, give Conscious Reminder a thumbs up, and help us spread LOVE & LIGHT!∼