A lucid dream is defined as any dream in which one is aware that they are dreaming. This is a vivid experience, and the dreamer may even be able to exert some degree of control over their dreams.
If you are hoping to have lucid dreams, there are a wide variety of methods through which you can try to experience them.
Following are sixteen of the most popular techniques:
1. Record Your Dreams. By keeping a dream journal, you will become more aware of your dream activity and begin to blur the line between reality and a dream state.
2. Reality Checks. Throughout your day, perform simple activities that ‘test’ whether or not you are dreaming. One example would be trying to push your hand through a wall.
3. Herbal Supplements. Some herbs, such as Calea Z have been proven to cause more memorable and intense dream experiences.
4. Solve Sleep Disorders. In order to achieve lucid dreams, you will need to have quality REM sleep. If you have any conditions that make such a deep sleep difficult, resolve those first before pursuing further lucid dreaming techniques.
5. Comfortable Mattress. Something as simple as an uncomfortable bed will make deep sleep – and lucid dreaming – more difficult. Be sure to find a mattress that best fits your sleeping needs in order to get the best sleep possible.
6. Aroma Therapy. Certain scents, such as Rose oil, have been shown to increase the chances of lucid dreaming. Experiment with different scents to find the combination that works best for you.
7. Daydreaming. The more common practice of daydreaming can help you to alter your conscious awareness and experience different realities. Eventually this practice can lead its way into lucid dreaming.
8. Sleep Different Places. Try sleeping in different places, even within your own house, to open up the possibilities of lucid dreams. This unexpected environment you see when you awake will serve to alter your experience of reality.
9. Wake Yourself Often. By setting an alarm to go off periodically through the night, say every hour, you will improve the memory of your dreams, and come in and out of those vivid dreams more often.
10. Take Naps. Sleep during the daytime lends itself to lucid dreaming because you are more immersed in the world around you than you are at night. Trying sneaking in a nap after lunch for a possible lucid dreaming experience.
11. Get Enough Sleep. You are not likely to reach a deep REM sleep if you only get 4-5 hours per night. Make sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
12. Video Games. Believe it or not, video games are proven to lead to occurrences of lucid dreaming. Try playing ‘first person games’ such as Halo of Call of Duty for the strongest effect.
13. Visualize. Lay in bed with your eyes closed and try to ‘see’ every little detail of the room around you. This practice brings the real world around you into the dream state you are entering.
14. Mental Exercise. As you fall asleep, imaging yourself engaging in exercise such as riding a bike or running on the street. You will feel both active and sleepy at the same time, increasing chances of lucid dreams.
15. Plan Your Dreams. Before you go to bed, write down specific lucid dreams you are hoping to have. Your mind will engage in the planning, and take those subconscious thoughts with you to bed.
16. Meditate. Deep meditation can lead to lucid dreaming by stripping away distractions and bringing you back to your core. That mind-body connection will help meld your reality and your dream world into one cohesive place where lucid dreams are experienced.
∼If you like our article, give Conscious Reminder a thumbs up, and help us spread LOVE & LIGHT!∼