The Taurus Full Moon on October 24th is going to help us to find our strength. This is the strength that comes when we align with our center and remain calm and open, even in situations that are volatile or difficult.
This Full Moon is not necessarily going to conjure up challenges for you, but it may highlight and expose your triggers and you could find yourself feeling off balance or out of sorts.
As an Earth sign, Taurus energy wants us to be grounded and stable, it wants us to be strong so we can build and create towers as tall and as magnificent as the sky.
This ritual is going to help open you to the energies of the Taurus Full Moon. It is also going to help guide you to find your calm and align with your center.
Taurus Full Moon Ritual for Calming and Centering Yourself
This ritual is best done right after a shower or a bath, it can be done morning or night. The energies are strongest for this ritual from October 21- November 4, 2018, however you can do it anytime that feels right for you.
You will need:
- Smudging tool of choice (eg. Sage, palo santo)
- One Candle (preferably white)
- Handful of Leaves or flowers (dried or fresh)
- 1 Piece of Paper and a Pen
- Incense or essential oil burner (optional)
1. Begin by smudging your aura and surroundings using the mantras below. As you smudge your aura recite the following-
“I am cleansing myself light and free. I am cleansing myself so I can be me. I am cleansing away the struggles of my past, I am cleansing and opening my heart. My heart is now open and I am aligned. My heart is now open and I am aligned.”
As you smudge your surroundings recite the following-
“I cleanse this space with light and loving energy. Only positive energy may enter this space. I cleanse this space with light and loving energy. It is safe for me to dwell here, it is safe for me to call this space home. My home is cleansed and I am renewed. My home is cleansed and I am renewed.”
2. Next, start by lighting your incense or oil burner if using. I really like earthy oils for this ritual, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Light your candle and place it on the floor or on a table in front of you.
3. Take your piece of paper and draw either a triangle, circle or heart on it. Choose whichever symbol speaks to you the most. To help you with this choice, triangles represent the mind, the body, and the spirit. Circles represent wholeness or completion, and hearts represent love. If you wish, you can also draw another symbol that has special meaning for you.
4. Place your candle on top of your symbol. Try to place the candle so it is in the middle of the symbol. Take your leaves or flowers, and place them around the paper so it looks pretty. (Part of ritual work is the beauty of it too!)
5. Take a deep breath to settle yourself. If you are sitting at a table, be sure that your feet are flat on the floor. If you are on the floor, try to sit up crosslegged so you feel rooted and connected to the ground.
6. Place your hands over your heart center. You can also place them over your belly. Again, just use your instincts as to where you are going to place them. Close your eyes and take 10 deep breaths here.
7. Now take one of the flowers/leaves in your left hand with palm facing up. Look at the leaf/flower and repeat the following three times- “The energy of mother earth guides me as to what I need to release.”
8. Now take your hands in prayer position so the leaf/flower is wedged between both hands. Close your eyes and breath deeply here. Repeat to yourself the mantra again as best as you can remember.
9. Still holding your leaf/flower, stand up and shake out your body. As you shake imagine you are releasing and letting go of any anxiety, any frustrations, any pains, any hurts. Just stand up and shake it all out. Keep shaking and moving your body until you feel released and cleansed. Trust that mother earth is helping you to release whatever it is that needs to get out of your body.
10. Sit back down. Take your leaf/flower that’s in your hand and exhale into it. Imagine exhaling the last of any anxieties, frustrations or hurts. Just blow it all out into the leaf/flower- it can handle it!
11. Place that leaf/flower off to the side and pick up another one. Hold it in your right hand this time with palm facing up. Look at the leaf/flower and repeat the following three times- “The energy of mother earth supports and nourishes my soul.”
12. Again, bring your hands to prayer position. Close your eyes and take 9 deep breaths. 9 is the number of completion. On your 10th inhale open your eyes, look at the leaf/flower in your hand and imagine inhaling beautiful, supportive energy from mother earth. Imagine that breath coming into your body and supporting and nourishing your soul.
13. Place that flower/leaf off to the side with the other one you just used.
14. Now gaze upon your candle, and with hands in prayer position repeat the following or feel free to say whatever you feel in the moment-
“I call on my highest spiritual guides and angels to help me stay in my center and stay in my calm. I know that mother earth is always guiding and protecting me and I thank her for that. I thank you all divine spirits who have joined me in this ritual today and have aided and supported me on my journey so far. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
15. Blow out the candle. You can keep the symbol, candle and the leaves/flowers as decoration on your altar, or you can discard the flowers/leaves in the garden and recycle the paper- whatever you wish.
For the two leaves/flowers that you worked with during this ritual, be sure to bury them in the garden, drop them off the top off a hill/building into the wind, or toss them in the ocean as soon as possible after completing this ritual.
Happy Full Moon!
Now, you can follow Conscious Reminder on INSTAGRAM!
∼If you like our article, give Conscious Reminder a thumbs up, and help us spread LOVE & LIGHT!∼