Have you ever seen the etheric cord that connects you to every thing on this planet?
You may get a glimpse of it every now and again, especially in your most meaningful relationships.
When we connect with another person, especially romantically we activate an energetic cord with them. As we continue through the relationship every interaction, thought, emotion and feeling is added to the cord.
Spiritual author Doreen Virtue describes it best- “etheric cords act like hoses, with energy directed back and forth between both people”
This cord has the ability to share energy and transmit a high frequency of communication, which may explain why we often feel and connect telepathically to our partners thoughts and emotions.
When the cord is healthy, it can create a vibrant, energetic source exchange but when the cord is unhealthy, it can often lead to feeling controlled or drained in energy.
Most of us will intuitively know how strong our cord is with someone, but if you are unsure, a good measure is how strongly or how often you think or feel towards someone, especially if the thoughts are obsessive, manipulative or fearful.
We are constantly creating cords with many people and even objects, but if you feel drawn back to an unhealthy relationship, or want to break negative patterns or addictions, or feel a strong psychic connection to someone that is draining your energy, a cord cutting ritual may be beneficial.
Especially when it comes to relationships, cutting the cord can help break the energetic attachments created and can help you to move on to receive new opportunities in your life.
Cutting the cord can help you recharge your energy, feel a sense of peace, can help you let go and can bring about new, positive opportunities.
The Cord Cutting Ritual:
- Find a quiet place where you can be alone and not disturbed. Begin by relaxing your body and taking a few deep breaths.
- Once relaxed, close your eyes and call upon your spirit guides or angels to help guide you through the process.
- Upon feeling the presence of your guides, recite the following mantra:
- “Dear Spirit Guides, I call upon you to help me heal, let go, and cut any etheric cords that are no longer serving my higher purpose. I ask that all cords attached to me that are not aligned with love, light and positive attention be released. Help me to release them and surround me with a healing light to protect me from future attachments. Thank You.”
- You may need to repeat the mantra 2-3 times. You can also close your eyes and visualize the cords being released, as well as the healing light surrounding you.
(You can of course tweak this ritual to your liking, there is no right or wrong- it’s ALL about your intention.)
After the ritual is over, smudge your surroundings, take a warm bath, drink plenty of water and relax in a peaceful or comfortable setting.
You will know if the ritual worked as you should feel lighter, more energized and more balanced.
∼If you like our article, give Conscious Reminder a thumbs up, and help us spread LOVE & LIGHT!∼