It took a long time for the Academy Award-winning actor to become one of the greatest and most respectful world known actors of today.
The star of such outstanding films as The Shawshank Redemption and Million Dollar Baby was raised and born in a poor black family in the Jim Crow-era South. He was the youngest of five children, his father was a barber and his mother was a schoolteacher.
So, from there it is a long road to bring an Oscar-nominated performance as Nelson Mandela in the movie Invictus. But Morgan knows a few things about confronting the odds.
As a director, producer, an actor and voice narrator Morgan Freeman has starred in a lot of movies that gathered many honors and awards, including a lifetime achievement awards from both the Screen Actors’ Guild and the Golden Globes’ Hollywood Foreign Press.
In 2016, Freeman received a National Medal of Arts for his decades-long contribution to American culture which was handed out by the former President Obama.
Here are the top 20 Wise Quotes by Morgan Freeman that Will Inspire You to Aim Higher:
1. Was I always going to be here? No I was not. I was going to be homeless at one time, a taxi driver, truck driver, or any kind of job that would get me a crust of bread. You never know what’s going to happen.
2. The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.
3. When you have made your choice, it is providence that is your guide. Good, bad, or indifferent. Your fate lies in that.
4. I can say that life is good to me. Has been and is good. So I think my task is to be good to it. How do you be good to life? You live it.
5. One of the things you can always depend on – this is one of the truths of the universe, and you heard it first from here – whatever we decide we want to do is what we do.
6. As long as you feel like a victim, you are one.
7. I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving.
8. Forgiveness liberates the soul, it removes fear.
9. If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn’t worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality.
10. Don’t be different just for different’s sake. If you see it differently, function that way. Follow your own muse, always.
11. If you wake up and the snow is knee-deep outside, you are not filled with rage. It’s just something that you’ve got to cope with. If you’re living in a situation it’s the only situation that you know, and you’ve got to deal with it.
12. We humans are more concerned with having than with being.
13. If your life turns out to be good and you have a tremendous amount of luck in your life, it’s a good thing to turn around and make it work for others.
14. I once heard a wise man say there are no perfect men. Only perfect intentions.
15. If you want to see a miracle, be the miracle.
16. Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance.
17. How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time.
18. Never let pride be your guiding principle. Let your accomplishments speak for you.
19. Challenge yourself; it’s the only path which leads to growth.
20. Very often, you know, you stop walking because you say, ‘Well, I’m tired of climbing this hill. I’m never going to get to the top.’ And you’re only two steps from the top.
∼If you like our article, give Conscious Reminder a thumbs up, and help us spread LOVE & LIGHT!∼